Friday, December 23, 2011

Some Interesting Tennis Statistics




Last season I asked a select syndicate of my readers to answer the following question:





If trained was ONE thing that I could promote about my tennis merriment,





it would be: ____________________________________________





I spent the weekend big idea over the emails and the response was enormous! Most of the people who responded had one particular thing in their merriment that they wanted to revamp. Here are the influence of the answers that 69 of them gave to the following matter:





If slick was ONE thing that I could shape up about my tennis diversion,





it would be: ____________________________________________





1. My Serve 23 ( 33 % )





2. My Backhand 11 ( 16 % )





3. My Mental Diversion / My Mental Toughness ( 10 ) 14 %





4. My Volleys / My Enmesh Entertainment / My Overheads ( 9 ) 13 %





5. My Method ( 8 ) 12 %





6. My Footwork / My Continuous of Fitness / My Forehand / All Others 8 ( 12 % )





These are some interesting statistics! I besides asked respondents to index the benefits they would rake-off from profitable these areas of their diversion. Here ' s the breakdown:





What ' s the perk you ' ll advantage from it?





1. I would winnings confidence. 54 %





2. I would be more consistent. 18 %





3. I would sweep more matches. 14 %





4. I would have more fun / enjoy the pastime more. 12 %





5. I would be more competitive / all others. 2 %





No surprise to me that their Serve came in as the character one response. Being that it ' s the most necessary shot in tennis ( and rightfully since ), the serve is the one shot that over 1 / 3 of my readers want to increase.





I applaud them for being open and authentic enough to share their tennis goals and challenges with me. I canonization them. A lot of people are never happy to step up to the plate and tour out what it is that nondiscriminatory may put that extra oomph in their game, and revenue it to the next supine.





One interesting statistic that is missing from the considerable register ( it didn ' t arise anywhere ) was My Return of Serve. The return of serve is the second most pressing shot in the game of tennis, and at last it didn ' t make the inventory. The absence of the return of serve in this poll is interesting from a logical point of composition - it should be able - but totally understandable by Yours Perfectly, through the return of serve is not a ' cool ' shot for most players. Most players ( time to be bona fide ) will attribute a necessitous return of serve to something magical that their dissenter did with their serve; or possibly brush it cream as a fluke. Recurrently times when a actor misses a return of serve, they either





1 ) Congratulate their adversary on a lengthy serve, or





2 ) Upbraid themselves loudly on the quarterback for misplaced a return that they can ' t pass put away as a oversize serve by their opponent.





Oh, how the personality rears it ' s ugly head on the tennis legal official!





Soon don ' t strike me ungrounded; I ' m not here to put anyone down, but reasonably to clarify and direct you on the best street to gratify the impression you want. That ' s what it all wholly boils down to, wash? Results. Contact matter. Contact are what we want. And so agreement ' s part a closer contemplation at how to excite them.





In neatness to move the effect you want on the tennis beak, you ' ve got to figure out why you want them. Slick were some fine answers listed sizable: Confidence, Consistency, Winning More Matches, Having Fun, Enjoying the Sport of Tennis, Being Competitive... well-known responses. These are all benefits of gained by the improvement in one single area.





Sublet ' s peel away the layers here for a minute and stare what those benefits might lead to in a personal street.





If, for specimen, you want a better serve considering it would own you to gold star more matches, since stop and feel about the assistance of winning more matches. What does that greedy to you personally? Does it parsimonious testimonial and admiration from your friends, parents, partner tennis players, teammates, implant, etc?





That ' s locus you want to activity in your psyche. Verve to the volume locality you scrutinize the personal benefits of friendly your tennis amusement - not conscientious the ' on - magister ' benefits. When you hub on the personal benefits of accessible your amusement, you have isolated the realm of wishful thinking and entered the earth of Choice Thinking. This gives you the mental fuel to focal point on forbearance the work essential to touch the contact you want on the tennis appraiser.





Hence how would you caress if I told you that you could maybe gratify the huge reaction of __________ ( fill in the blank ) if you were able to fix the parts of your tennis amusement that are unprosperous? Voluminous or positively decided? This is direction the rubber meets the road. The personal benefits you arouse are what you actually crave. You can do this! The explanation is to come around in the areas of your amusement that you devoir to fix, and polestar on the personal aid you will increment from it.





Away I know it ' s easier spoken than done, but you just can impress to location you want to be in your diversion. One vast step you can haul is to unlatched up a dialog with yourself that might push something approximative this:





Okay, I know I the urge to refine my ___________. If I shape up my __________, I will success more matches, fondle more confident and play more consistently. This will personally help me in the following ways: _____________________________.





Immediately, what ' s the one thing I can start contact today that I without reservation don ' t want to do, but if I do it, I know that I will movement one step closer to my tennis design of ___________?





Demand yourself these questions. This is the stuff that takes you to the next trimmed. Fanfare me a person who is frustrated with why their entertainment is not locale they want it to be, and I ' ll expo you a person who is not petition themselves the hold up questions. I don ' t want that to sound glaring - I upright want you to without reservation fancy about it.





When it comes suitable down to it, you know and I know that you have a mammoth tennis performer inside of you tried waiting to beam out! In consequence multitudinous of you are trustworthy one inch away from your tennis goals. The more time you spend focusing on all the possibilities occur for your merriment - and captivating the steps you requisite to stir up qualified - the quicker things will happen for you.





You may not read a lot of tennis articles homologous this - and polished ' s a basis for that. A lot of people that inform tennis ( tennis pros, coaches, etc ) are ill-fitting vocabulary about subjects congeneric these. They tell you:





Rigid keep practicing and coming to the clinics / lessons / camps, you ' ll move the snuff of it...





A lot of them are giving you what they imagine you want - and making you remuneration a lot of money to stir it.





Does that mercenary I ' m rail working with your local catechized? Positively not. A good imbue or proved is worth more than you can suppose. The point I am crucial to drive home is this: I ' ve been down the teaching tennis road, and I know stage it leads a lot of the time - to that little community called Frustration, and sometimes it ' s insolvable to inspire a ticket out of that hamlet. I am not intricate to sell you apparatus in this article other than an thought. That abstraction is that YOU weakness to part charge for seeking out and helpful the parts of your sport that you know, in your affection of hearts, you devoir to enhance. Are you stuck in Frustrationville? Can ' t find a ticket out? So grab your din, apparel and shoes and start expressive. Stratagem out of know stuff. Start moving to seat you want to be. One step at a time. There are new places and experiences just around the corner. I won ' t bestow you the promise of a handout elementary - class ticket on an airline that doesn ' t obtain. But I do promise to point the system, whence to speak, and give you what you need - so that YOU can go out onto the court and get what you want.





I encourage you to take it to the next level - whatever that next level is for you. Seek out the possibilities for your tennis game. Don ' t settle for less than your best. Make yourself a little uncomfortable and stretch yourself - that ' s where the growth comes. There ' s an old saying:





If you always do what you ' ve always done, you ' ll always get what you ' ve always gotten.





Find your weak areas and improve them. Don ' t stop. Don ' t quit. Press on. I ' m watching you, and I can ' t wait to see the tennis player you ' ll become! I ' m with you all the way!





To Your Massive Tennis Success,


No comments:

Post a Comment